Tips for freelance article writers: how to proofread your work
Proofreading is one of the most important things that you need to always do especially when you have finished your document.
The problem with many people is that they always try to ignore doing all this when they are submitting their assignments. That is why their spelling and grammar is very poor. It should also be understood that the simple things that people ignore such as spelling mistakes, usually have a very bad consequence to the general marks that you get. The lecturer sees that this is a person who does not take the work seriously. The good thing about all these is that the simple mistakes can be corrected very fast indeed.
- Step one: The first step that you take when it comes to proofreading is a simple one. In the word processer, you should do the best that you can to go over the document. Here, your eyes need to be very careful to recognize any slight error that the document has. You can also take a look to see any red, blue or green lines that appear in the document. However, it is not always good to rely on the spelling software in the word processor alone. Doing this will not be very good for you as the spellchecker does not always have all the words in the dictionary. For this reason, you need to be very careful to ensure that you have checked the entire document.
- Step two: It is also very important to ensure that your document is straightforward. For instance you should not use some words such as ‘website design and website development’ as they are all the same. You should also not use the first person in any academic paper as this is not recommended at all.
- Step three: It is very important for you to use the ordinary words in your paper. You should desist from using very tough words as they could have a major issue with grammar. For instance, when you want to mean something that is ordinary, you should not use a word such as conventional. Your paper will not be favored if you use these difficult words.
- Step four: You should not use a lot of words just to fool around with the readers. In simple terms, you should not beat around the bush when you want to say a point. There is no essence for filling your thesis with garbage. You should use simple words and sentences that are really good.
- Step five: Avoid repetition: You should not repeat the same concept all over the document. In fact, you should not be repetitive in any work that you submit.