Freelance Writers Wanted: Why Don’t You Become One?
If you have a passion for writing and can see yourself writing everyday, then freelance writing might be for you. The good thing about freelance writing is that you can do it in your spare time, while also holding down a day job. Most freelance writers start out doing it this way until they find a steady freelance writing job. Most freelance writing jobs give you the option to name your own price for the jobs that you will be doing. Like any other job, you will have deadlines and obligations that you must meet to stay employed. It’s is actually pretty easy to become a freelance writer, if you follow my suggestions, you will be hired as a freelance writer.
How To Become A Freelance Writer
- The first thing you can do to become a freelance writer is to learn as much as you can about the industry before you start applying for jobs. Having this know how will help you get better jobs and help you determine how much to charge for you services. You should also find out what you niche is and how you can use that to get a job.
- Start building your portfolio, do this by first researching what kind of freelancing jobs are out there and start to write that kind of material for you portfolio. These samples should be high quality work because you potential clients will be looking at them.
- Start looking for clients; you can do this on freelance sites, job sites, and social media, like LinkedIn. This is also where you can start to network with different people that can help you find clients or network with future clients.
- Know what you specialty will be, such as article writing, blogs, ghostwriting, editing, and so on. Knowing what you specialty is will help you narrow down potential jobs and your search on freelance sites.
- This last piece of advice is for anyone that wants to succeed in this industry. Don’t expect to find a job in a day, you need to keep going and don’t give up. Finding a job as a freelance writer is harder than keep a freelance writing job, unless you miss deadlines and don’t give your clients your best work.
Freelance writing is for people that love to write and if you don’t like to write then this isn’t the job for you but if you love to write everyday, then become a freelance writer.