Freelance writing jobs are becoming more popular today
The world of work is changing thanks to the Internet. One of the most popular jobs today is freelance writing. As the number of freelancing websites continues to grow, the number of job openings for good writers does, too. If you have been looking to become a freelancers, here are a few quick tips:
- Know what freelance writing really is. Many people still think that freelance writing means you can write about anything at all and sell it to a magazine for an incredibly high price. Today’s freelancer gets hired by a client who usually has a website and they need articles, blogs, or product descriptions written. Those clients do not pay astronomical prices.
- Be prepared to write about anything. People create websites about everything and they all need words on them. You might be asked to write about plumbing, buying stocks and bonds, or recipes that use salmon. You might have to conduct a little research and you cannot copy other writer’s work.
- Realize that you actually have to write. For some odd reason, people will sign up to freelance, get hired, and then not write. In order to get paid, you have to create the pieces. It requires writers to sit down and craft the pieces that you have been hired to complete.
- Write perfect proposals. The freelance websites are designed to bring clients and writers together. The only way that writers will get hired is to actually write a proposal. This is the only way the client will see you are interested. So, your proposal should be perfectly written without errors. It should be polite and show what you can do. It should also include evidence that you actually read the job description. Do not hire a “bot” to write your proposals.
- Learn what you are worth. Freelancing pays well, but it will not make you a millionaire. Depending on how fast you can write and how accurately you can write during the time, you can expect to make between $10 and $30 per hour. Clients pay either by the word count or by the hour. If you are paid by the hour, you will be required to download an app that will send a screenshot to your client every few minutes. You cannot cheat your way through this.
- Find a good spot to write. It is easy to get distracted. The best writers often have quiet spots where they can work uninterrupted, just like they would at a job at an office with coworkers.